blinkbox on Samsung TVs
As part of improving the access of blinkbox's extensive range of content, I've been working with the engineering team on an app that is now available to download from Samsung Apps on 2010 and 2011 Internet-enabled TVs.
The Samsung Smart TV allows content providers to distribute applications in the form of a small zipped package, containing HTML pages. When the app is launched by the user, these pages run in the TV's Maple browser, allowing us to then load in blinkbox's catalogue data. When a user finds a movie or TV episode they want to watch, we display a full-screen Flash Lite application and stream the video instantly to the user.
Some content is available through blinkbox's popular ad-supported format, where the content is punctuated with ad breaks, allowing the user to watch the content for free.
- Mac OS find files using regex
- ADB device driver won't install
- Eclipse: An error has occurred. See the log file .metadata/.log
- Updated blinkbox iPad app
- Nexus 7 doesn't appear in adb devices list
- Improve the keyboard in the Samsung ICS update
- 403 Forbidden error on Mac web server
- Getting error with manually created NIB?
- Adding/removing items from PATH on Mac
- Presenting at Flash Oxford
Places you'll find me:
- March 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016